Pre-Injection Recommendations For All Dermal Fillers
A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic result.
- Patient should be in good overall health.
- Let us know if you are prone to cold sores. Medication may be prescribed prior to your appointment to prevent cold sores after your treatment.
- If you develop a cold sore, blemish or rash, etc., prior to your appointment, please reschedule.
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, schedule your treatment two weeks in advance in case of bruising.
- If you are on antibiotics or are under a doctor’s care, please advise your injectionist prior to your appointment.
- Discontinue Retin A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
5 Days Prior To Any Injection to Minimize Bruising
Avoid taking Aspirin, NSAIDS (Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen), all forms of Vitamin E, Green Tea, Fish Oil, large quantities of Garlic, Gingko Biloba, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, and Niacin supplements. (If you are on a blood thinning medication which you cannot stop, please alert your injectionist and realize that short-term bruising is inevitable.)
Always check with your primary care physician prior to stopping any medication!
What Can I do to decrease the risk of bruising or bleeding?
Ice areas to be injected 5-10 minutes per site on your way to your appointment. Drink 8 oz of pineapple juice or nectar twice a day 2-3 days before and 2-3 days after injections.
Take Arnica Montana tablets (follow package instructions) 3-4 days before and after your injections. Auriderm post op gel may be applied topically 2-3 times a day after injections to help heal any bruising and is sold in our office for $16. We also sell VitaMedica Arnica Montana tablets in our office for $12.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment at
Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery: 303-839-7980 Aesthetics by Design: 303-866-0180